Friday, October 29, 2010

One more go

So here I go again, giving it another try. At least for now. We'll see how long it will last this time. A little bit more than the previous ones, I hope. Things seem to be going somewhat better, and are a little more stable, so if I can get back to a regular schedule, I'll be able to keep this going. So, for those of you who are interested, a few updates:

Neeve -- things are going great, mostly. She'll be 7 in  3 weeks, which is hard to believe. Plus, she's getting pretty big. She's looking forward to being 7 and having her birthday. She'll have a party with her mother, and then come here for a party. She's actually looking forward to it, and doesn't have too many issues with coming over. She still does a little bit too much "I miss Mummy" with the big crocodile tears, but neither one of us actually believe it's true. She's having a good time, and only really has problems when she's getting ready for bed.

She's also learning French and taking swimming lessons. That's a lot more than I did in 2nd grade.

Family --  my father is back to visit. He's been here about 6 weeks. He's enjoying it more than last time, but mostly because the weather has been great, and just started raining and getting cold. He also got to know a few people while he was here last time, so he's not a complete stranger anymore. Plus, I have a car now and we can get around to different places, which makes it much easier.

Work -- much better, overall. Back working days, as the hotel Administrator and early Duty Manager every day. More money, better hours, and a chance to work up, if I want. I'll do more on this later. The job is okay, but it's some of the people I have an issue with. I'm not used to working in areas where 'good enough' is an acceptable standard. Laziness, sloppiness and being in it for themselves isn't the best way to be successful. Some good stuff going on, and some good people, but some problems also.

Personal life -- well, if I had one, there would be something to write about. Still not much in that area. I'm still broke most weeks after the bills are paid, so there isn't a lot of money to be chasing women with. So, mostly working, sitting at home, and a couple of beers at the pub.

So that's it for now. I actually have a couple of other posts written up and ready to go, so I'll get at least a week out of it this time. A note also. I'm being hit by spammers, so all comments will be  moderated in the future. But don't let that stop you.

No comments: