Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Brits show good taste in music

This is the results of a poll I found:

Which British band do you think is the best ever?

The Beatles......................30%
Queen.............................26%
Pink Floyd.........................6%
The Rolling Stones.............5%
Oasis.................................3%
Coldplay............................3%
The Clash...........................1%
The Kinks...........................1%
The Stone Roses..................1%
Depeche Mode....................1%
Radiohead..........................1%
The Streets.........................0%

Other.................................8%
I don't know......................10%


Much like me, the most votes went to the Beatles. Great, they are the best. Queen at 26% surprised me. I like Queen and they are without a doubt a top-10 band for me, but I was surprised they got that close to the Beatles. I guess the demographics matter also.

The Pink Floyd result doesn't surprise me, finishing 3rd, or at 6%. They aren't every one's favorite and you have to learn to like the music. I was surprised, and happy to see the Rolling Stones finish so low. I'm not a fan, and never have been.

What I don't get is 18% (almost 1/5 of the vote) going to Others or I Don't Know. Who are these others that are so good? And how can you not know? Jeez, pick someone.

But the main thing is, the Fab Four continue to rule. Eleanor Rigby might even approve.

No comments: