Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Differences between the US and the UK # 4

I've done some commuting in the states, mostly in L.A. and D.C. Oh, the land of the initials. You have to love it. In L.A., it was the bus, even though they actually do have a subway. Its not real big, but its there. I've seen it. Its as real as the Hollywood Hills. Trust me on this one. In D.C., it was bus and mostly on the Metro (subway/tram).

But they have something unique here in the U.K., (oh, those initials again, I'm really starting to feel at home) which are the double-decker buses. If you ever get yourself to a place where they have, get up on top and enjoy the ride.

Its the same thing as why I like driving a pick-up (I will get one here). Its because you sit up high, over the top of everyone else. You can see the world from a different perspective. Plus the feeling while you're riding up there is great. Like your going to tip over on ever sharp curve or corner. It kinds of puts a charge into your system and gets you going for the day. I'm sure to the people who do it everyday, it becomes common place. But I still enjoy it.

If you're ever here, give it a try.

No comments: