Monday, May 12, 2008

The beginning

So I'm getting ready to get on a plane tomorrow and fly to London. Somehow it sounds like the start of a bad joke. I hope it isn't.

I don't know what the purpose of this blog will be about. But I'll have plenty of time and I thought it might be fun to try.

This will be mostly about what it will be like to be an American living in the UK. I'll also talk about sports here in the UK, the differences, and any American sports (or events) that I can find.

Or pretty much whatever the hell I feel like writing about. As with anybody who does this, I'll always welcome comments and feedback from anyone who reads this. If anyone ever does. But this is more for me than anyone else.

So whats my story, you might want to know? Or not. Well here it is.

I'm a 43 year old American guy, retired from the Army after 20 years of experiences most people could never understand, boring assignments and shithole postings. But all in all, along the way, it was pretty fun.

While living off in the wilds of Africa, I met the woman I thought was the love of my life. (insert joke or rude comment here)

Anyhow, we ended up having a daughter together who is now 4 years old (no pictures, because some of you guys are perverts, and if you're not, what difference does it make). Her mother is British, and decided to move back there. So, after 4 years of flying to the UK to visit, and not getting nearly enough time, I finally got a visa and I'm moving over there.

I sold everything I own, quit my jobs (both of them while going to school full-time, and I can't wait to go back to only working 50 hours a week), packed my bags, and I'm sitting and waiting on my flight in the morning.

No job, no money, no place to live. Could anything be more fun. We'll find out.

Well, that's my start. Lets see how it works?

No comments: