Monday, May 12, 2008

A brief explanation

Why is this blog called "Don't call me a Yank(ee)"? Well, I'm trying to do double duty.

One reason is that I'm continually called a Yank whenever I'm in the UK. Doesn't really mean anything to me, but the fact is I'm a Missouri boy, and have never been to New England, let alone been associated with the area. The closest is when I did my basic training at Fort Dix, New Jersey.

Bravo 2 -3. Early '86. Still haven't seen Wrightstown up close and personal.

The second, but most important, reason for this title is, as I said before, is that I'm a Missouri boy. From Kansas City, and a life-long Royals fan. I hate the Yankees with a passion that borders on psychotic. They are the evil empire. The Red Sox may have Bucky "Bleepin" Dent, but we have Chris "I can't express my disgust enough" Chambliss.

So, since the Brits like to call us Yanks, and I have a pathological loathing of the Yankees, I thought this would be the best possible title.

**Side note** Yankee fans are allowed to comment here, but you should fully expect to be ridiculed and humiliated at every opportunity.

No comments: